Blueboard buttons only work when held down?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Blueboard buttons only work when held down?

Postby jodenmi » Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:23 pm

So I have got it working with the app on iOS, however it only activates the controls set in the app when I hold down a button...shouldn't it be just press and release?

Needing to hold a button down is a bit (well a lot) awkward when playing live. And I'd be pretty sure the makers did not intend this to be the default. These settings are obviously in the purview of the board and not the app using the board.

I can see no where in the Blueboard App to set the Blueboard switches to momentary or latched.

Using it in C mode (or sending CC commands)

How do I change the operation of the switches?
jodenmi

Re: Blueboard buttons only work when held down?

Postby Johnr123 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:51 am

Regarding your concern about having to hold down a button to activate the controls set in the app, it's possible that the Blueboard's default setting is set to "latched" mode, which means that the buttons will stay engaged until they are pressed again. However, it's also possible to change the operation of the switches to "momentary" mode, where the buttons are only engaged while you hold them down.

To change the operation of the switches, you may want to try using the Blueboard in C mode (or sending CC commands). This can usually be done by sending a specific MIDI message to the board, which will change its mode. Once in C mode, you may be able to program the buttons to operate in "momentary" mode.
Johnr123

Return to Interfaces & Controllers