No sound and impossible delay/latency

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

No sound and impossible delay/latency

Postby 5150user » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:09 am

I purchased an Axe I/O bundle in late Feb. I installed the requisite software including Amplitube on a Windows 11 machine. That machine feeds an analog mixer out to some powered speakers. On trying to play through the rig, there is a horrible delay between playing a note and actually having it delivered through the speakers. Enough of a delay or latency that it is difficult to play. While troubleshooting, I swapped a Focusrite 2i2 into the same spot and there is zero latency, same settings for everything else, zero latency.

I finally got back around to looking at the setup today and now I have no sound. I see the meters bouncing on the Axe I/O when I play and even in amplitube. When I tried to change settings to match input (Axe i/o) to output of soundcard, I eventually received an error regarding sample rate not matching. The error wasn't there last time I tried this rig. Again, zero issues if I drop the focusrite into this chain instead.

What should I be looking at in order to fix the issues or did I purchase a bum rig and i'm just out $500?
5150user

Re: No sound and impossible delay/latency

Postby Sharmon123@ » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:07 pm

ASIO in and out

In : Axe IO Ln 1 and Ln 2
Out: Axe IO Out1 Out2
128 buffer sixe
MIDI input : Any

This works for me with Win 10 , make sure that your sound out in your Windows mixer is the Axe and NOT anything else.
Sharmon123@

Return to Interfaces & Controllers