Can you bypass the cab on one output of the ToneX Pedal?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Can you bypass the cab on one output of the ToneX Pedal?

Postby thegingerlair » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:47 am

Hey All,

Is it possible to split the ToneX pedal so one side can be without a cab and one side with for live use with a real cabinet? If not, this should be a pretty big priority. To have a pedal thats sole purpose is to replace and model your amp, the fact that you cant use it with a cab on stage (just a cab and power amp, no "amp") is a large letdown.
thegingerlair

Re: Can you bypass the cab on one output of the ToneX Pedal?

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:37 pm

Both physical outputs on the pedal will be set the same way. You cannot split one with cab simulation, one without.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby thegingerlair » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:30 am

Peter_IK wrote:Both physical outputs on the pedal will be set the same way. You cannot split one with cab simulation, one without.

Hey Peter. Thanks for the response! This should really be high priority on the chain. It's the only thing standing in my way from using the ToneX entirely live. I have to slug my Ac30 around with me because I can't just use a power amp with channel R or something. I know I'm not alone here!
thegingerlair

Postby WilayaM12 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:58 am

Unfortunately, it's not possible to split the ToneX pedal in that way. However, there are some workarounds that may help you achieve what you're looking for. One option would be to run the ToneX pedal into a line-level input on a separate amp or power amp and then connect that to a real cabinet. Another option would be to run the ToneX pedal through a load box or speaker simulator, which would allow you to connect it to a real cabinet without having to use an amp. I understand that these solutions may not be ideal, but they could be a good starting point for exploring how to use the ToneX pedal in a live setting.
WilayaM12

Postby Martan985 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:26 am

It is not possible to split the ToneX pedal in the way you described. The pedal is designed to function as a complete solution for amp modeling and cab simulation. The cab simulation is an integral part of the sound shaping and cannot be bypassed on one side of the pedal.

However, there are other solutions you can consider. One option is to use the ToneX pedal for recording and practice, and use a traditional amp and cab setup for live performances. Another option is to use the ToneX pedal in conjunction with a power amp and a cab simulator pedal, which would allow you to connect to a real cabinet on stage.

It's important to note that using the ToneX pedal with a real cabinet on stage may not produce the same sound as using it with the built-in cab simulation. The pedal is designed to work with the cab simulation to achieve a specific sound, and bypassing it may result in a different tone.
Martan985

Postby richbashaw » Mon May 08, 2023 2:04 pm

rather than turning off the cab, can the main outputs be dual mono out, so I can send mono to FOH and mono to FRFR on stage?
richbashaw

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:09 pm

Please review the rules of this forum before posting, in this case the most pertinent rule broken was discussing forum moderation (multiple times) among others.

Also, this is not IK Support (first point on the forum rules, please review those as suggested). But IK Support can assist you with any issues and can field requests. However your request for different types of output from each output jack on TONEX Pedal was already relayed to the team so you don't have to open a ticket or anything.

The initial question was answered and the thread devolved so it will now be locked with this information letting you know the request has been forwarded. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers