Which irig for live music on social media IG?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Which irig for live music on social media IG?

Postby Herssonc1 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:12 am

Good evening, which irig do you recommend for great quality audio to do live streams? So far is just instrumental and mic combo, later on I plan on incorporating my maschine mk3 to the set.

I play the instrumental via ableton and record my live performance onto my android stock video recorder which I then edit and upload to social media

Current set up:

External mic pre > apollo twin > irig2 > android.

I feel like my audio quality is not where I want it to be. Granted, it is going to a phone but still... can someone help? Thanks in advance
Herssonc1

Re: Which irig for live music on social media IG?

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:10 pm

That sounds like the issue with audio quality is that you are using iRig 2 which is a mono single channel analog interface (vs a digitally-connected interface which would sound miles better).

Something like iRig Stream Pro would be much much better for the kind of quality and flexibility you are looking for: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigstreampro/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Herssonc1 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:14 pm

Greetings Peter, thanks for your input. For the stream pro would yoi recommend bringing out as a stereo signal into the stream from the apollo twin duo (audio card)?
Herssonc1

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:48 pm

Herssonc1 wrote:Greetings Peter, thanks for your input. For the stream pro would yoi recommend bringing out as a stereo signal into the stream from the apollo twin duo (audio card)?

Yes that would be the best plan.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Herssonc1 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:51 pm

Got it. One last thing please Peter. Is there a difference in audio quality with the stream and pro version? I don't think I need a mic Input as I am running my mic via my mic pre. Thanks again.
Herssonc1

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:26 pm

Herssonc1 wrote:Got it. One last thing please Peter. Is there a difference in audio quality with the stream and pro version? I don't think I need a mic Input as I am running my mic via my mic pre. Thanks again.

Hi, from looking at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... ?p=compare to make sure I'm not missing anything, here is what I find:

iRig Stream Pro has 96k vs iRig Stream 48k max.
iRig Stream Pro has the combo XLR/TS jack (the mic input)

So the quality CAN be better but if 48k max sample rate is fine for you, then iRig Stream will work.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers