Tonex Pedal: Effect and Dry Output available simultan.?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Tonex Pedal: Effect and Dry Output available simultan.?

Postby recently » Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:14 pm

Hello,
I would like to know if I can simultaneously pick up the effect signal and the dry/clean signal from the stereo output of the Tonex pedal (effect signal left, dry/clean on right). I would like to record both "channels" with Cubase. Is this possible ?

Friendly regards
Recently
recently

Re: Tonex Pedal: Effect and Dry Output available simultan.?

Postby RichardTX1 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:02 pm

Yes it is!

Per the manual...

• USB OUT – USB output routing: sets the USB OUT routing.
∙ STEREO: the stereo processed signal is routed to USB OUT 1 and 2.
∙ DUAL: the left processed signal is routed to USB OUT 1, the DI dry signal is routed to USB OUT 2
RichardTX1

Postby recently » Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:36 am

Hi Richard,
thank you for the response. Hmmm... maybe I'm too stupid.
If I search for the word "dry" or "clean" in the manual, then I actually find the passage you mentioned, but only this one. Nowhere in the entire manual is anything about a dry signal on the stereo output.

Your note (per manual):
USB OUT
– USB output routing: sets the USB OUT routing.
∙ STEREO: the stereo processed signal is routed to USB OUT 1 and 2.
∙ DUAL: the left processed signal is routed to USB OUT 1, the DI dry signal is routed to USB OUT 2.

But this is about "USB Out", the built-in sound card. However, I would like to connect 2 audio channels to a Steinberg interface (UR816), one channel with an effect, the other without. My question was about the "stereo output". Can you pick up a dry signal there?
recently

Postby RichardTX1 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:59 pm

No it looks you can’t do it that way.

In all fairness… you don’t need to… just use the ToneX vst plug-in and record through your Steinberg interface and bounce/ reamp as many tracks as you want.

We’ve been able to do that since ToneX was released. You get ToneX Max and Amplitube for free with the pedal.

They just offered the interface mode of the pedal as an extra way to help live players get into DAW recording without having to buy another audio interface.
RichardTX1

Postby recently » Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:58 pm

"ToneX vst plug-in" sounds like I could plug the pedal directly into Cubase as an instrument? Is that right? And then this instrument has an effect and a dry channel? Doesn't sound trivial... I can't find anything about VST in the manual?
recently

Postby RichardTX1 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:30 pm

Download the Ik downloader

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/productmanager/

Register your pedal in product manager with the included code in the box

Download and install Amplitube 5 and ToneX max plugins free

Use the vst instruments in Cubase.
RichardTX1

Postby recently » Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:11 pm

I don't have a pedal like this yet. I'm just finding out about all the features I need. Then I would buy the pedal.
I'm about:
During a session, the guitarist has his own pedal (the tonex) with him and plays guitar with his effects. I make recordings and would like to have his "sound" and the raw ton on a separate track. Then after the session I can try out other sounds with all the effects from Cubase.
Ok, now I know that I could connect such a pedal directly to Cubase via the USB port. I would now assume that I can record effekt and dry at the same time via the VST instrument. Is that correct ?
recently

Return to Interfaces & Controllers