iRig2, iPhone, Tonebridge, Ultimate Guitar successful setup

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig2, iPhone, Tonebridge, Ultimate Guitar successful setup

Postby Wadmore99 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:32 pm

Having just bought an iRig2 to use with an IPhone and seeing all the bad postings here and elsewhere as I struggled to get it to work, I thought I should post what gear I have and declare it is now working! I suspect it was the upgrade to IOS 16.3.1 that did the trick, but it may have been the combination of all three. Anyway, I found that it was pretty unclear in the documentation and in UG for a beginner like me, to learn just how to set it up, especially with so many different volume controls, so I thought I ‘d give my step by step:

Setting up your iRig2

I have an iPhone 12 with OS 16.3.1, Tonebridge 2.3.12, Ultimate Guitar 6.14.10, Roland CubeXL amp.

Have Tonebridge and Ultimate Guitar installed on your phone. Use the App Store to update them if they are not exactly current (my today is Feb 25, 2023).

Adjust your guitar’s knobs and switch to a neutral “clean sound” position.
Plug the ⅛ inch iRig2 wire into the iPhone (use ⅛ inch to Lightning dongle, if you need to).
Plug your headphones into the iRig2 headphones hole and put them on.
Open Tonebridge on the iPhone and choose any pedal. Switch on the Preview Sound for that pedal (don’t have the stomp button on yet). You should hear some riff or other. Use your iPhone volume buttons to get a good volume level. Switch off the Preview now, before you get too distracted.
With one end of your ¼ inch Guitar cord plugged into your guitar, plug the other end into the iRig2 guitar hole and put your earphones on again and keep them on.
Make sure the FX/THRU switch on the iRig2 is set to FX.
Strum and adjust up the Gain control knob on the iRig2, as high as you can get it with a clean sound.
Mess around with the guitar volume knob, switch, Gain control knob, and iPhone volume buttons until you know what does what and you have comfortable volume levels.
Hit the stomp button on a Tonebridge pedal you chose and repeat the messing around.
Now you should be able to play and hear it, with the stomp on and off. Note the volume and effect sliders now with the stomp button on so mess around with them now and the above until you again know what does what and you have comfortable volume levels.
Put your amp to neutral clean tone settings. Have all the effects off. Now, plug a ¼ inch cord into the iRig2 amplifier output and plug the other end into the amp where you usually plug your guitar. Repeat the messing around. You can take your headphones off now, but don’t unplug them while it’s hot (good practice anyway for all gear). Probably just let them dangle, for when your wife next tells you to keep it down. You are done!
If you switch the iRig2 switch to THRU then you may get a big surge in volume so beware.
Wadmore99

Re: iRig2, iPhone, Tonebridge, Ultimate Guitar successful se

Postby regiseis » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:05 pm

Hi everybody,

Just bought an irig acoustic stage. I enjoy but....
I can't use tonebridge with my phone. TB is recognized by my phone but no effect.

USB>phone
out>amp
Irig mic>guitar

My guitar is an acoustic not an electro.
Can you help me please?
regiseis

Return to Interfaces & Controllers