Using AXE I/O and Amplitube 5 as interface into amp

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Using AXE I/O and Amplitube 5 as interface into amp

Postby mickeybravo1984 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:22 pm

Hello! I know ACE I/O can be used to re amp. But I am curious about the opposite-can it be used as an interface into an amp paired with Amplitube 5 and/or TONEX? Examples would be to use it as a digital pedal interface, as a way to chain together digital amps and an analog amp, etc?

If so, what output would be used from the AXE I/O? What are optimal settings for gain on the AXE I/O, and input/output on the digital tools such as the AXE I/O controller and on Amplitube 5 or TONEX? My thought would be getting all settings as close to a neutral gain as possible so that the output of the pickups is what still drives the amp and not everything else in the basic signal chain of the AXE I/O and DAWs.
mickeybravo1984

Re: Using AXE I/O and Amplitube 5 as interface into amp

Postby DunogRa12 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:24 am

I’m looking to upgrade my audio interface, specifically for recording guitar. I play a lot on extended range guitars and I’ve found that I seem to get a lot of extra noise whilst I’m playing. I’d put it down to my own playing but when I’ve recently purchased a spark amp and played no differently on there I had none of the noise issues. I need a bigger interface anyway to get a pair of studio monitors as I currently just use a Komplete audio 1. I’ve seen the IK MULTIMEDIA AXE I/O comes with guitar specific features and wondered if that would be the one to go for or if there’s a better one on the market?
DunogRa12

Return to Interfaces & Controllers