iRig Keys I/O 49 GarageBand iOS control problem

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Keys I/O 49 GarageBand iOS control problem

Postby DavosPegas1 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:20 pm

Hi,
I thought, as I read before the purchase, that it should work out of the box with GarageBand as it's designed primarly for iOS. It does not work as expected.

F02 pattern (prepared for GarageBand) does block transport functions and knobs don't react at all (only Volume can be changed with Data knob on Alt).
I can use F01 general DAW preset but it knobs do not work with GarageBand either (nums are changing but no reaction on DAW side). It works though with other apps, checked. So it's probably not a faulty product but rather communication with GB fails. Pads and sliders works ok in both presets with all apps.

Did you experience similar problem? How to use it with iOS GarageBand? Maybe I'm doing smth wrong...

IK Multimedia support stays silent so far.
DavosPegas1

Re: iRig Keys I/O 49 GarageBand iOS control problem

Postby DavosPegas1 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:43 pm

IK Multimedia Support informed it should not work with iOS as I expected. There is no possibility to control iOS GarageBand with the iRig Keys I/O.
DavosPegas1

Postby PLHorne » Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:51 pm

Hi,
I´m a new owner of iRig Keys I/O 49 and I have the same problem. How can they say it will not work in GarageBand? According to the manual, the keyboard will start with F02. Mine is starting with (preset) F01?? I have tried to reset parameters, change midi channel etc.. I have the latest firmware update. So I think this is very disappointing.
PLHorne

Postby DavosPegas1 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:11 am

Over the time I've noticed some virtual Instruments has more support and can be controled by the knobs (e.g. some keyboards and leads but none of the default set, only these coming from additional packages). But there is no useful pattern or indication and you never know unless you try on EVERY instrument and make your own notes on piece of paper or smth.
Lack of MIDI mapping is really dissapointing, but marketing sentences about iOS and GB compability was even worse experience for me.
DavosPegas1

Postby PLHorne » Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:42 pm

Thanks for the response to my post. We can hope that IK multimedia will soon come up with a firmware update and/or an explanation that can solve this problem. Read in other posts that many struggle with this set-up
PLHorne

Postby DavosPegas1 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:29 am

As far as I understand It's not the IK Multimedia issue. Rather Garage Band is by default lacking some MIDI connections and controls to more advanced Instruments settings.
DavosPegas1

Return to Interfaces & Controllers