iRig HD 2 and Cakewalk

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig HD 2 and Cakewalk

Postby WilliamEverettStone » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:38 am

I've been using my iRig HD 2 on an iMac w/ Garageband for a couple of years. I want to get mobile so I installed Cakewalk 2022.11 Build 021 64bit on my Windows 10 Pro v.22H2 laptop.

I downloaded and installed the most recent IKM USB Audio driver v.5.50.0 2022-09-26. While I was at it I updated the firmware on the iRig. Then I set Preferences in Cakewalk to use the iRig and the ASIO driver.

The iRig and Cakewalk are getting a signal from my guitar, but the sound is an awful high pitched cracking noise not recognizable as a guitar.

Have I missed a step setting this up? Or missed a setting in Cakewalk?

Thanks!
WilliamEverettStone

Re: iRig HD 2 and Cakewalk

Postby WilliamEverettStone » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:30 pm

Well I resolved this by installing ASIO4All and selecting it for the Input/Output in Cakewalk, even though there was an explicit warning that ASIO4All is known to be incompatible. So far it works as expected with zero background noise.
WilliamEverettStone

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:23 pm

You should not need to use ASIO4ALL, the iRig ASIO driver should work better for iRig HD 2. I would still reach out to support to see what's happening so they can get you up and running with the proper iRig ASIO driver so you have better longterm success. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby WilliamEverettStone » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:18 pm

Yes that's what I thought from what I've read, that the IKM USB driver is designed to do the job, but like I said it doesn't work and I thought I had misunderstood what is required for Windows.

I did open a support ticket at the time I made this post. Waiting to hear back. Until then though the current setup is working fine.
WilliamEverettStone

Postby WilliamEverettStone » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:51 pm

Which Driver mode should be selected in Preferences? I had selected ASIO because I thought that's what I had read to do. However, I removed ASIO4All, resumed using the IKM USB driver and found that when WASAPI is selected, the iRig works as expected.

Is that the correct driver mode to choose?
WilliamEverettStone

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:15 am

It is an ASIO driver so it should be there when you choose ASIO.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby WilliamEverettStone » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:08 am

The iRig is present and working on the computer. I can play through it to my headphones or the amp output. The iRig is also present in Cakewalk and can be selected as the IO source. However when I choose ASIO driver mode, Cakewalk does not get any signal input from it.

When WASAPI mode is selected, everything works normally. And the latency is much lower than with ASIO4All.
WilliamEverettStone

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:54 pm

ASIO4ALL is not recommended. The official ASIO drivers should be used, they work very well - if you are having issues with them it is recommended you reach out to IK Support so they can help you get the best out of your iRig device.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bakerja099 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:29 pm

I am also having trouble with the IK asio drivers. ASIO4ALL works but IK asio crashes my system every time. Got to be something wanky with the asio drivers from IK. Too many people are having issues and resorting to asio4all to get by. Where are previous versions of IK asio? I want to do some testing to see if I can find a compatible IK asio solution.
bakerja099

Postby DarkStar » Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:08 pm

Other users may chip in with suggestions.

Meanwhile, as this is not a company Support forum, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby bakerja099 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:35 pm

Right. I have opened a ticket. Some apps work with the IK driver just fine. My troublesome one is Izotope RX10 editor. Pro tools, vegas, others work fine. I'm going to hook up my iRig HD2 to my desktop machine today and do some testing. (that is if I get electricity back. I live in Tennessee and we had over 110,000 homes without power over night. Wicked storm).

Thanks for all the suggestions,
jab
bakerja099

Postby bakerja099 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:01 am

UPDATE:

I have confirmed that the iRig HD2 crashes Izotope RX10 every time on 3 different PC's. If I switch to asio4all, I can select the iRig and it will work.

3 different computers, exact same result.
bakerja099

Postby bakerja099 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:57 pm

UPDATE:

I received an email from IKM support team. They are on the case now so hopefully we can find a solution.

Thanks for the suggestions.
jab
bakerja099

Return to Interfaces & Controllers