AXE IO Solo and back panel XLR/Line input

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE IO Solo and back panel XLR/Line input

Postby Rav5150 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:18 pm

Hi. I am using Torpedo Captor X to simulate cab with my real amp. Now to record this into DAW I want to connect Torpedo into my audio interface which is AXE IO Solo. Captor has two XLR outputs (Left and Right) to route your amp in stereo signal. Now I am using only one XLR cable out of Captor (Left out) into back of my Ace XLR in but Axe recognizes this as Mic connection, not Line in. Since I have one XLR/Line in only in Axe Solo, can I insert a stereo TRS Jack into there that will have both Captor Left and Right outputs sent there? Or maybe I should only use 2 XLR out into one mono Jack in?
Rav5150

Re: AXE IO Solo and back panel XLR/Line input

Postby jacksonleo843 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:46 am

It's possible to connect the Torpedo Captor X to your AXE IO Solo audio interface using a TRS stereo jack, but the signal will be summed to mono. This means that the left and right outputs from the Captor will be combined into a single signal that is sent to the AXE IO Solo.

If you want to record the signal in stereo, you'll need to have two XLR inputs on your AXE IO Solo. Alternatively, you can use a stereo TRS jack to combine the left and right outputs into a single cable, but the signal will be summed to mono.
jacksonleo843

Re: AXE IO Solo and back panel XLR/Line input

Postby Rav5150 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:27 pm

Thank you very much. This is exactly what I needed to know! Much appreciated!
Rav5150

Return to Interfaces & Controllers