Stomp I/O discontinued?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Stomp I/O discontinued?

Postby mikeyp2000 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:17 am

Is the Stomp I/O discontinued in the U.K. or is it just a supply issue?

Or is there some new device yet to be announced?

I have amplitube 5 max for Mac M1 and could really use a foot controlller

It seems the Stomp IO is out of stock every where in the U.K. the blue board won’t work with Mac.

I’m wondering how to control Amplitube 5 on MacBook M1 with a pedal board….
mikeyp2000

Re: Stomp I/O discontinued?

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:55 pm

Other users may chip in.

Meanwhile, as this is not a company Support forum, for a definitive answer, the best thing to do is contact Sales Support via the IKM web site. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby thomas.brunkard » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:46 am

You don't need a Stomp I/O here as any midi controller will do the job. I use a Morningstar Engineering MC6 and it is really fantastic. I also have a bluetooth to midi. dongle in it so it's also wireless.

Great kit https://www.morningstar.io/
Check out my adventures with AmpliTube Brian May and Axe I/O here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzJ0af-klLVmUizM3dqL8g-oFwEYBTxAu
thomas.brunkard

Postby Raskolnikov678 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:10 pm

I just got one from Bax Music for a very good price.
Raskolnikov678

Postby b0uch3 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:41 pm

I've been wondering the same thing. I want to get one for a portable setup based on the same presets I already enjoy at home with AmpliTube 5 and Axe I/O. I'm hesitant to buy something that has all the signs of EOL of the product.

Very much hoping for a refreshed version announcement. I'll be first in line!
b0uch3

Postby mikeyp2000 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:47 am

I had a reply from IK Support stating it isn’t discontinued but there are severe supply chain issues.

So I found a second hand one and it’s fine.

If anyone actually knows how to set up a generic midi pedal board to funtion as a Stomp I/O in stomp or preset mode with expression, they should post the instructions. I got exactly zero success with a IK BlueBoard.
mikeyp2000

Postby GuyCNicholas1 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:22 pm

Did you ever figure out how to get the BlueBoard working? I don't have one of those, but if you have anything that will send CC messages it should work fine. I have my MIDI device setup so when a switch turns on I send a CC message of xx 127, and when it goes off I send xx 0. "xx" would be number between 3 & 7 as I have up to 5 stomps.
In AmpliTube 5s control/preset section I choose a stomp, the CC# (3-7), and then I set min/max to 0 and 100 with latch set to off. That's it.
GuyCNicholas1

Postby mikeyp2000 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:44 pm

I never got the blueboard to work with amplitube. It needed a helper app that just doesn't exist for Mac. I sent it back....

I think it worked with the iPad version of amplitube though. I didn't try Windows.
mikeyp2000

Postby GuyCNicholas1 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:10 pm

Hmmm, interesting. I have and AxeIO and the MIDI comes in through that. My personal computer is Windows, and my work machine is a Mac, and Windows was definitely a bit harder to get everything working correctly.
I am just a beginner with it all, but have been slogging through and finally getting things dialed in.
Are you all MIDI'd up at this point?
GuyCNicholas1

Postby mikeyp2000 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:37 pm

I only have very basic midi knowledge and I don’t think I use any midi at all in my setup. I use the stomp IO via USB into my Mac. The guitar plugs into the stomp and the sound, via amplitube, eventually comes out out whatever speaker/headphone is plugged into the Mac.

I had originally hoped the BlueBoard would work in conjunction with the IRig HD interface and a midi expression pedal for wah. But as it never worked, I went for the Stomp (which has a built in expression pedal anyway). Amazon refunded the BlueBoard, eBay shifted the IRig and the £10 expression pedal is sat in my box of guitar junk. (I think the stomp has a jack input for an expression pedal to act as Pedal 2 which might be fun. I must try that out one day…)
mikeyp2000

Postby GuyCNicholas1 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:48 am

Coolio! I had a Boss GT6 and gave that up for an AxeIO and AmpliTube 5. Then I bought an FCB 1010 MIDI controller which I struggled with for quite a while. I never really got what I wanted out of it. It sat unused for months, I then bought an Uno2 firmware chip and that sat for months.
Finally, I decided to read the manual and try to dial it all in. I am now quite happy with it.
It wasn't like I wanted anything fancy. I wanted banks of presets with 4 to a bank, and then the ability to have the other switches dedicated to stomps or whatever.
I found a nice Limelight (by Rush) preset that used 3 amps, 2 distorted and one pretty clean. I assigned a single switch to drop the distorted amps to 0 volume, and raise the volume of the cleaner app a bit.
I have others that are just used for stomps, and for each preset I initialize the switches appropriately so that the lights match the stomp status.
Once I figured out how to work things (read the manual) I was rockin'
If you have MIDI questions, ask. Not that I am an expert, but I am into geeking out with that part of it :)
Cheers, Guy
GuyCNicholas1

Return to Interfaces & Controllers