MIDI Adapters with Pro Duo I/O physical connection problem

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

MIDI Adapters with Pro Duo I/O physical connection problem

Postby r1chapple » Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:13 am

Just received my iRig Pro Duo I/O and the 5 din MIDI Adapter's female connector has its outer opening for (what I'm calling) the line-up tab on a male MIDI connector absolutely not compressing (usually kind of a spring-loaded metal piece to hold the connection snug) and therefore not letting the male MIDI connect. Even applying a lot of muscle, the connection cannot be made to hold the two connectors together solidly enough. The small metal in the Duo's female MIDI is kind of a brass-color little piece of metal, and again, it's not one of the 5 din holes, but inside the notch around the outer circle for line-up and also holding the connection snug.
Anyone else run into this problem?
r1chapple

Re: MIDI Adapters with Pro Duo I/O physical connection probl

Postby r1chapple » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:31 am

In case anyone sees this and is having the same problem, I just needed to buy newer MIDI cables. In the old days the line-up notch was always just empty, so cables could have the line-up ridge start anywhere, even closer to the end of the cable than where the recessed 5 pins begin. Newer MIDI cables (I'm guessing most of them) have that ridge recessed a bit deeper than where the actual pins start.

Newer MIDI cables connect to the iRig Pro Duo I/O's MIDI Adapters just fine!
r1chapple

Return to Interfaces & Controllers