Poor Sound Quality Through Headphones on Axe I/O

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Poor Sound Quality Through Headphones on Axe I/O

Postby Mparham7 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:34 pm

I'm very new to all audio tech stuff, so bear with me. Long story short, the audio quality from my Axe I/O is very poor when coming through my headphones. I purchased a bundle with Amplitube 5, and when using that I get decent enough sound, but when I try to listen to anything else like YouTube or Spotify through the Axe the sound is unlistenable. Voices in videos are very low volume and distorted with a ton of static in the background, and and the same goes for vocals in songs, while instruments are typically very front forward on them. I wonder if I'm really having the same audio issues across everything including Amplitube, but that I don't notice it on Amplitube since I'm just playing clean guitar back to myself.

I am currently using standard computer headphones that I've plugged into a quarter inch adapter, which I then have plugged in to the dedicated headphone jack on the Axe I/O, running everything out from Line Out 1/2. I've tried out different sets of headphones and get the same results, so I know they are not broken, but I'm aware it could be the adapter, or possibly that I just need a different type of headphones, but I wanted to post here and see if there is anything else I should try before I start purchasing new hardware that may ultimately be unnecessary.

I tried including all information I think would be relevant, but I'm happy to provide more info if you think it would help. Again, I'm very new to audio in general, so I may not be describing things as best as possible, but I'll try and clarify if you need me to. Thanks to all in advance!
Mparham7

Re: Poor Sound Quality Through Headphones on Axe I/O

Postby Mparham7 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:05 pm

Quick update for anyone that finds this in the future, I've solved the issue. It was indeed simply my 3.5mm to 1/4 inch adapter. Figured I'd pop over to the store and grab another since they're so cheap anyway, and lo and behold everything is perfect.
Mparham7

Return to Interfaces & Controllers