AXE I/O not working with USB 3

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/O not working with USB 3

Postby forgedraven » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:15 pm

I recently purchased the AXE IO through the blackfriday deal. I saw potential issues online in comments about connection issues with USB3, but I figured that the issues would have been resolved by now. Well, they are not resolved for me. I've read through the other threads on this with no luck so far. I'm hoping someone might have some ideas.

When I connect the AXE IO, the computer IS recognizing it. In the AXE IO Control Panel, I can see input when I strum the guitar. If I open Amplitube 5, I can see input when I strum the guitar. Amplitube 5 is also showing output. If I move the "Monitor" nob to "direct", I also see the output meter under Audio Output. But, if I change the "Monitor" to "DAW", it shows no audio output in the control panel. Meanwhile, Amplitube 5 is showing output.

I have checked to make sure amplitube is using the ASIO and AXE IO settings for input / output on lines 1 and 2. This situation is the same even if I use other applications, like guitar rig 6 or reaper.

The computer is seeing the AXE, and the AXE IO Control Panel is reading the status and receiving input, but is not outputting any signal.

On my desktop, if I plug the AXE into a USB 2 port, it works fine. However, this is NOT a good solution because I need to use this with my laptop - which does not have a USB 2 port. I am running Windows 10 on each device. I've updated my bios and drivers on both computers. The firmware on the AXE is up to date. I've also turned off USB power management in power settings, as suggested by a sweetwater article. I can't think of anything else to do but return this if possible. Oh, I'm using the power cord and USB cable that came with the AXE IO, so that should not be the problem.

I did submit a ticket with the IK help, but I have not heard back yet.

Any advice would be welcome!
forgedraven

Re: AXE I/O not working with USB 3

Postby forgedraven » Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:24 pm

I wanted to post a follow-up to this to close the loop on this.

I worked with the IK multimedia tech support through email. Pro tip: if you respond quickly after they send you an email, you can sometimes have very fast responses from them in return :).

We ended up sending back the AXE IO for a replacement. The new one works great!
forgedraven

Return to Interfaces & Controllers