An IK Multi. Fan for Life wonders...

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

An IK Multi. Fan for Life wonders...

Postby saemusic84 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:23 am

Is the iKey iRig 49-key midi controller / I/O worth it for my home studio and as well as taking to gigs when I really don't need the additional software, but I'll be getting an iRig iStream Quattro soon so I don't need any more than a simple but GOOD QUALITY midi controller and I really don't care about the brand, make or model so long as they're compatible with PC w my maxed out Windows 10, but need the keyboard app stuff to be up to date from my current iphone to both or just the iPad stuff -

BUT - I can't shake the feeling that after reading reviews I think there are slightly to relatively better midi controllers for my needs from Novation, Native Instruments and more so I need to know from you guys if I should wait til the used/0pen box prices for the irig keys goes down and down more til I can afford it more even though I need a new midi ctrl like 3 weeks ago! lol but also what kind of ipad OS I'd need to run Amplitube AND a midi standadlone or two all at once with wifi in a venue?

Thanks for baring with me and I look forward to more correspondences!
keep safe and kindest regards!
Steph
[moderator edit - personal details removed]
saemusic84

Re: An IK Multi. Fan for Life wonders...

Postby darkogav » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:33 pm

i have an irig keys i/o 25. i use it all the time. its my main writing midi controller. i would not call it a super well build controller with a strong keybed, so i am not sure if it will withstand touring or being constantly shoved in and out of backpacks all the time. but it does what its specs to do. hope that helps.
darkogav

Return to Interfaces & Controllers