Midi not powering through I Rig Quattro

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Midi not powering through I Rig Quattro

Postby Breckomar7 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:23 pm

Hey anybody else having trouble getting the Quattro to recognize your midi controller? I am using the adapter provided for 5 pin to 2.5 midi in with a monoprice midi cable to launch key 25. My SM7B is picking up fine with phantom power, so I am getting sound through Quattro into Ableton, but no midi power.

Thanks for reading through.
Breckomar7

Re: Midi not powering through I Rig Quattro

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:09 am

Note that the 5-pin MIDI connection on your Launchkey does not provide power to it. A 5-pin MIDI connection will only pass MIDI data. On the specs for that controller it states it is USB bus powered:

USB bus powered; power supply not included

You'll need to power the Launchkey in order to use it.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Breckomar7 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:37 am

Thanks Peter,
I ended up using a hub and powered it with a USB cable. So, essentially ran Quattro separate from launched through hub. Works great! Appreciate the response.
Breckomar7

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:41 am

Great to hear and happy to help! If you feel brave you might even try to power the Launchkey with a powerbank via USB. I know we can power our UNO Synth line that way so it is possible you might have the makings of a very cool portable creative station if something like that would work.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Breckomar7 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:54 am

That's a good idea!
I'll look in to that.
Thxthx!
Breckomar7

Return to Interfaces & Controllers