Axe IO Solo - still hear direct input when Monitor set DAW

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Axe IO Solo - still hear direct input when Monitor set DAW

Postby dougs.ik » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:42 am

I noticed recently that I'm hearing the left channel input directly even when the Monitor knob is all the way right to DAW.

I checked all the Sound settings in Windows 10 (all the way to the advanced properties that bring up the legacy sound tabs) but nothing I tried fixed this.

I think if you aren't running a DAW when you turn the Monitor knob all the way to the right (DAW) it should produce no sound in Windows 10. Instead I continue to hear the left channel with no change.

If the DAW is running and the Monitor knob is all the way left (Direct) I hear only the instrument. When I turn the knob all the way right to DAW I hear the direct as before in the left channel and in this case, the amp sim I'm running coming back in stereo.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't happening before, I noticed the tiny difference in timing (at 256 buffers) when playing a very staccato part.

If anyone has any ideas on this I would much appreciate the input. I can live with it as normally I monitor loud enough to mask the direct input sound but it would be great to sort this out.
dougs.ik

Return to Interfaces & Controllers