irid HD1 headphone jack solution on Current iPhone

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

irid HD1 headphone jack solution on Current iPhone

Postby chippa_t » Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:57 pm

What’s the solution for using a irig hd1 (no headphone jack) on a phone with no headphone jack? Has anyone tried anything that works?
chippa_t

Re: irid HD1 headphone jack solution on Current iPhone

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:10 pm

The Apple 3.5mm --> Lightning adapter (which was typically for using normal earbuds w/ mic on phones that no longer had the headphone jack) would work.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby chippa_t » Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:29 pm

Thanks for your help. However, the HD1 already has a lightning cable that goes into Phone but relies on Phone for headphones. In this case the phone doesn't have headphone jack.

Here's what it currently looks like:
irig HD1--->Lightning Cable---> iPhone (no headphone output so can't use headphones)
chippa_t

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:19 pm

Ah sorry that's the older iRig HD which was made before Apple took the headphone jack away from the iPhones. I know of no current solution, we created iRig HD 2 after the headphone jacks were removed from iPhones for this reason.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby chippa_t » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:16 am

I found a solution for anyone looking. Any powered usb hub with a 3.5mm jack will work.

Using this with success https://a.co/d/fi0ZmpB
chippa_t

Return to Interfaces & Controllers