Living with an iRig BlueTurn page turner serving a Chromeboo

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Living with an iRig BlueTurn page turner serving a Chromeboo

Postby Robert1943 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:47 pm

Living with an iRig BlueTurn page turner serving a Chromebook, tips and hints.
I have been using this combination for almost a year now. So here is a follow-up. I quickly learned that when an iRig BlueTurn is operated from a piano bench it is easily displaced laterally and was considering the idea of putting it on a mousepad so as to impede that movement, when my wife offered me the one that came with her long gone Windows 98. It was still in its original sealed pouch dated 1996 and tagged in part "Small Mousepad Black", thus explaning why it remained brand new after a quarter century. The rubberized bottom grips the hardwood flooring nicely while the fabric surface improves the anti-slippage properties of the BlueTurn bottom cushion enough to elliminate unwanted shifting. This setup is satisfactory and looks okay, but I would like to try a piece of that black rubber membrane used in roofing or garden ponds.
A more serious concern had to do with the double page flips which occurred shortly after initial setup. The ensuing letdown vanished upon the realization that I was wearing sneakers with a sleek high relief sole design. The obvious solution was to use flat soled footwear so I complied and have since been rewarded with proper page turns. I also keep in mind that the foot-switches are sensitive enough to be triggered by the slightest tap. Incidentally, a review claiming stockinged feet to be the answer was considered. This could be adopted should I ever get accustomed to wearing only one shoe - needed for the damper pedal as a sock will slip. Occasionally, an edition is downloaded where the pages do not turn properly (bad scan?). The solution is to simply delete and find a better copy. I like to keep to material from sites like Mutopia with clean LilyPond typeset where this never occurs.
Lastly, the original complementary batteries were still working after 13 weeks of daily use for a quarter hour or so, as I only operate the device with multi-page compositions I can play flowingly yet need the music. The batteries died when I forgot to switch to off, so I cannot complain about their life span when they lasted all winter without even getting to set off the low power warning. The subsequent brand name replacements held up for over five months and I finally got to witness the blinking blue light along with a pop-up window showing 5% of remaining life.
In short, I am still very happy with the arrangement.
Robert.
Robert1943

Return to Interfaces & Controllers