iRig Midi 2 problem

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Midi 2 problem

Postby KoosJansen1964 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:28 am

Hi all, goodmorning to you,
I recently purchased a iRig Midi2 interface to het some sounds from my iPad to my Nord Stage Classic. The Nord doesn't do samples and I want to use some sampled sounds. The problem is that I can't seem to get this done. The Nord controls the app on my Ipad, but what I want is to use sounds from my iPad onto the Nord.
I watched several YouTube clips. I found one in which someone connected the Midi 2 to his iPad and using an app to make music. I noticed that when he played omn his iPad, the indicator light on his Midi 2 was blinking (Midi Out Led). In my case, it doesn't do that. That is maybe why I can't get the Midi out up and going. Anyone got any idea what I should/could do?
Thanks a million.
Cheers,
Koos
KoosJansen1964

Re: iRig Midi 2 problem

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:06 pm

You can use both MIDI IN and OUT on iRig MIDI 2 but please note that it will only transmit MIDI data which is not audio. So you are not transmitting any sound from one device to the other, only controlling one with the other. It will not send/play SampleTank or other sounds that are on your iPad directly on your Nord but as you stated you can indeed play/control those sounds on your iPad with your Nord.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers