AXE I/0 Solo amp out with Reaper

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/0 Solo amp out with Reaper

Postby Romaine1 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:26 am

I'm trying to reamp with the Axe I/O solo and I'm using Reaper as my DAW.

For some reason no matter how much gain I have on everything, when I try reamp through the amp out it comes out very reduced sounding, gated, reduced gain, no real ringout or sustain, choppy and nothing like how my amp sounds.

it also sounds like this when playing guitar straight into input 1 and coming back out to the amp through the amp out.

What's going on here? Software set up issue?

Any help would be great thanks as I spent a lot of money on this and also need to reamp asap.
Romaine1

Re: AXE I/0 Solo amp out with Reaper

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:15 pm

Have you checked the level for the Amp Out in AXE I/O Control Panel? Perhaps that is set too low?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: AXE I/0 Solo amp out with Reaper

Postby Romaine1 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:36 am

Yes, that is fully up. Gain full on amp as well.

There has to be a DAW setting causing the amp out to sound very weak and reduced, I can get it loud but the sustain is lost and gated and the distortion is reduced...

I'm using Reaper, my project is in that so I won't be changing DAWs atm...

So does the DAW play a big part in getting this to work? Cause it's not as simple as just plugging all the stuff together and assigning the right outputs etc... Seems like there needs to be some routing changes..
Romaine1

Return to Interfaces & Controllers