Axe I/O Reamping trouble

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Axe I/O Reamping trouble

Postby Romaine1 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:35 am

Hi, I've recently bought an Axe I/0 reamp/interface with single guitar input.

I am trying to reamp my clean DI tracks back through my amp with Reaper, which I have achieved BUT,
when I play it back through my amp (with or without my distortion pedal), I lose the ring-out sustain type sound in certain areas of my tracks, palm muted parts sound weaker and 'choppy',
pick scrapes sound weaker, the fret change string slide sound becomes inaudible and there are brief gaps where there are riff changes/merged sections in tracks...
I've messed around with amp,pedal and DAW settings so it can only be the interface that is cutting out these sounds

It's like the interface is putting a gate on the tracks but when I replay it with only plugins, it sounds like it should but it all changes when played through the reamp/interface.

Also, when I recorded my guitar, I had the gain on the interface next to the input off as it clips, all the gian I use is from the amp and my pedal and a bit in the DAW/Interface controller... But even when I have tried re-recording with higher gain on the interface guitar input I still can't get all those things mentioned to be audible, it just ends up sounding muffled.

Any help would be great thanks
Romaine1

Return to Interfaces & Controllers