AXE I/O Solo Repair

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/O Solo Repair

Postby racoons13 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:15 pm

Hello,
I have an AXE I/O Solo. I got the Amplitube MAX/AXE I/O Solo bundle package deal last year. What a deal it was. Everything under the sun seeme to be included.
So, I had to have surgery on my foot last April. I have diabetes and a small cut on my foot quickly became infected. When I got to my doctor it had just started turning into gang-greene. If I waited another day I would have lost my foot
So, emergency surgery was it. Now, I just have to have patience and let it heal. Doctor said to not put any weight on my foot so, I'm sporting an electric wheelchair for a few months.
So, I finally felt good enough and was physically able t set up my guitar and rig after 3 months. I was so exited and having a blast, sounding better than ever.
I decided to take a break. I turned everything off, unplugged my guitar and set it down on the stand. I backed up the wheelchair a couple of feet, turned around and started heading out the door.
Well, somehow the wheel picked up the guitar cable which was still plugged into the AXE I/O Solo and pulled it off the desktop. It crashed on the floor and came unplugged from the AXE.
In horor, I saw it there on the floor. I piced it up and heard a piece rattleing around inside the device. I looked the AXE over and the only visable damage is the 1/4" guitar input jack is angled slightly inwards toward the right side.
I could plug the cable in and see if i's okay, but even though the loose piece inside sounds like plastic, I'm afraid if it isn't and maybe has some solder or some metal on it it migjt short something out and really damage my AXE.
How can I have it looked at and repaired? Who do I contact and who do I sen it to. I don't want to take the chance of plugging it in or taking it apart to look inside it.
What do I do?

Thank you!
Roy Coons
racoons13@comcast.net
racoons13

Return to Interfaces & Controllers