axe i/o wont output processed sound via amplitube 5 max

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

axe i/o wont output processed sound via amplitube 5 max

Postby xsk3l3t0rx » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:54 am

i am asking for assistance on behalf of my friend. i just talked him into getting the amplitube 5max bundle with the axe i/o interface, but we cant get his setup working on his computer. i connected it to my system at home and the axe works perfectly for me so i know it works. but when we install it at his house, it wont output processed audio from amplitube. we can play youtube audio through his interface>monitor. i made sure to set his amplitube to output both channels on output1, because he temporarily only has 1 monitor.

the axe i/o config tool shows that input is being received from the guitar, but the output levels are non-existant. when i run amplitube on his setup, the input levels are also non-existant, but if i go to macOS sound settings under "input" you can see the levels moving".

i like to think that i'm not a dumb person, and i'm pretty tech savvy, but i'm banging my head on this one. we almost have identical setups, and his interface even works on my setup, but doesnt work on his. i'm thinking this is a software/amplitube issue.. anyone?

here's what i've done:
* set mac system audio to use the axe i/o for all input/output
* set amplitube to use the axe i/o for all input/output
* downloaded the config tool for the axe i/o and configured it appropriately
* restarted macbook
* reinstalled amplitube 5 max (to no avail)
* ensured that audioMidi setup sample rate matched amplitubes sample rate (i tried 44.1k/48k)
* installed the axe i/o config tool

my setup:
i5 macbook pro, 8gb RAM
macOS Monterey 12.5
amplitube 5 max
interface: MOTU M4 into 2x yamaha HS8's

friend's setup:
i5 macbook pro, 8gb RAM
macOS Monterey 12.5
amplitube 5 max
interface: axe i/o into 1x rockit monitor
xsk3l3t0rx

Re: axe i/o wont output processed sound via amplitube 5 max

Postby xsk3l3t0rx » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:08 pm

self bump, anyone wanna take a stab at this? iK?
xsk3l3t0rx

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:29 pm

Is the Monitor knob turned all the way to "DAW"?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby xsk3l3t0rx » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:43 pm

yes. the direct out audio (unprocessed) outputs just fine. when turned to "daw", it no longer outputs audio to the studio monitor. i can verify this in the axe i/o control panel.

when i setup his axe i/o at my house, on my computer, everything works as it should.
xsk3l3t0rx

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:03 pm

I'm not sure what might cause this but have you or your friend reached out to IK Support for official help from the team? I'm sure they can suss out what's going on quickly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby xsk3l3t0rx » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:13 pm

no i didn't reach out to iK directly. i came here onto the forums because i assumed this is where you go for help. my friend is not very tech-savvy, so i came here to post on his behalf. if any of the iK staff wish to reach out to him directly, i would be willing to forward his email/iK account username to the staff. however, like i said, he's not tech-savvy, so he probably wouldnt understand, so i'm playing the intermediate right now.
xsk3l3t0rx

Return to Interfaces & Controllers