iRig Stomp I/O with MacBook Air

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Stomp I/O with MacBook Air

Postby b0uch3 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:11 am

Context: I'm very interested in having a very streamlined setup for joining in on jams with friends. I don't want to cart around fender tube amp, and pedals and set all that crap up for a 2 hour jam now and then.

I have Amplitube 5 Max and use an Axe I/O at home through an M1 iMac.

I also have an M1 MacBook Air. I've considered disconnecting the Axe I/O and using that with laptop to take advantage of amplitube for a jam situation. However, the Stomp I/O looks exactly like the thing I should be using.

can I use the Stomp I/O with Amplitube 5 on an M1 MacBook Air as a portable solution, rather than having to buy an iPad Pro and Amplitube for iOs?

I just want to setup a standard rig of pedals and amps (I have plenty of presets) and control the pedals with my foot.

It looks like I can, but I don't see any evidence through videos on YouTube or any overview vids from IK.

I would eventually end up with an iPad to pair with it, but in the meantime....can I use a laptop with Amplitube 5 Max?
b0uch3

Return to Interfaces & Controllers