AXE I/O is awesome!

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/O is awesome!

Postby supanorton » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:43 pm

I've been wanting to pull the trigger on the AXE I/O for quite some time, and I only wish I had done it sooner. I'd been using a couple of other interfaces, two specifically for guitar, and although my guitar tones were very good, I was never fully satisfied with them. That all changed last night when I setup the AXE I/O with Logic Pro. Everything worked seamlessly, and I was up and running in no time. For me, the differences are worth the price ($299 on sale from an authorized 3rd party seller).

More realistic tones for sure, and I'm enjoying the JFET and Z-Tone options. These are very subtle, but they do make a difference. No more high end nastiness and unwanted sizzle to deal with; it's just gone.

The expression pedal inputs and midi in and out are welcomed additions, and I don't hear any difference between the AXE I/O mic preamps and the mic pres in the Focusrite Scarlett I was using (which I was very happy with).

Finally, the headphone out has plenty of nice, clean gain.

I wish I could take advantage of the software giveaways, but I already have all of it. Maybe I can talk sales support into letting me get the new Mesa Boogie bundle.

Thanks to the IK team for another great product.
supanorton

Re: AXE I/O is awesome!

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:41 pm

Wow thank you for the kind words! I also happen to agree so much that I have two of them and use them all the time. For my larger setup with my main multichannel audio interfaces I use Z-TONE DI to achieve the same great results.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ChrisBeaver1 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:03 am

It's an excellent interface for sure, i bought it for the z tone and re amp functions initially but the quality as the interface itself really surprised me. A/B ing against my UAD Apollos, the Axe I/O is every bit as good in terms of latency performance and sound quality.
ChrisBeaver1

Postby markey1_2000 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:30 pm

I agree, I purchase mine back in 2019 and this Axe IO is rock solid. As an Audio Interface it is superb. The tuner on the front display is also a great idea when using it to record!
markey1_2000

Return to Interfaces & Controllers