Irig Key I/O 49 not working with Ipad 9th generation

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Irig Key I/O 49 not working with Ipad 9th generation

Postby gaetan.jean » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:34 pm

I’m writing this topic to warn potential buyers that the Irig Key I/O 49 doesn’t work correctly with the 9th generation Ipad. My Irig I/O worked perfectly with my older generation Ipad (and I did another test today to confirm it still works OK), but I recently changed my Ipad for a new 9th generation. Since I use this new Ipad, the Irig I/O keeps getting dropouts and after a while even completely freezes (the application on Ipad freezes and needs to be restarted (happens with all audio applications : Korg Gadget2, Garageband, …)). There is no other way than physically disconnecting the Irig I/O and powering it up again. It gets worse over time and at the end it freezes nearly every minute. I noticed it works a little bit better when powering the Irig I/O on batteries, but you still get a dropout every now and then. I also tried to change the audio latency and put the Ipad in ‘plane’ mode, but to no avail… the Irig I/O is not working properly. It’s a pity to have bought that Irig only last year and to have to notice that it is unusable after only one year… I already sent a message to the technical support, but I didn’t get an answer yet (I also tried to upgrade the firmware, but there I also get an error (found another topic on this forum that shows that I am not the only one having troubles to update the firmware as well -> sent a ticket to the technical support for this as well)
gaetan.jean

Re: Irig Key I/O 49 not working with Ipad 9th generation

Postby pju75100 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:15 pm

Which exact iPad do you have and are you using USB-C (iPad Pro models) or lightning (iPad Air etc)?

I am on iPad Pro 12.9" (3rd generation) with iPadOS 15.5 and my iRig Keys I/O seems to work with GarageBand (USB-C Cable) when quickly testing.
pju75100

Postby gaetan.jean » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:41 pm

I have a normal Ipad (not the pro, nor the mini version) It has a lighting connector. It doesn’t happen immediately when using an app but after a few minutes. Sometimes it works fine for some time and sometimes the dropouts start after a few minutes. When it starts it often get worse very quick with a freeze of the app at the end. I also sent a mail ti IK multimedia but no reply sofar
gaetan.jean

Postby gaetan.jean » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:54 pm

I also documented to issue on youtube. You can see the issue I’m talking about on this link : https://youtu.be/c70X1aix8gE
gaetan.jean

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:15 pm

This is not expected behavior. Please report your issue to IK Support and they'll surely get you up and running.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers