AXE I/O + AmpliTube 5 MAX bundle * Runs on PC Intel Core i5?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/O + AmpliTube 5 MAX bundle * Runs on PC Intel Core i5?

Postby Redspecial2017 » Mon May 23, 2022 2:56 pm

Hi, I'm going to buy the special offer ('till May 31) for AXE I/O + AmpliTube 5 MAX bundle, but I first would like to know if my PC Laptop Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz - RAM 8,00 GB could support the program, or the program needs something more to run properly. Thank you in advance for your reply! :D
Redspecial2017

Re: AXE I/O + AmpliTube 5 MAX bundle * Runs on PC Intel Core

Postby Vectorfire1 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:27 pm

I just purchased this bundle and I have a Dell 9510 Core I9 and 32gigs of ram and I'm getting clicking and popping even at the most generous sample rate and buffer size. I'm concerned this may not work on a laptop at all, theres simply not enough horses under the hood
Vectorfire1

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:52 pm

Vectorfire1 wrote:I just purchased this bundle and I have a Dell 9510 Core I9 and 32gigs of ram and I'm getting clicking and popping even at the most generous sample rate and buffer size. I'm concerned this may not work on a laptop at all, theres simply not enough horses under the hood

This should work fine with your setup, there are many people using AXE I/O with laptops and that's a pretty beefy one. Have you contacted IK Support? I'm sure they can assist you directly and get you all up and running smoothly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mkstewartesq » Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:51 pm

I run it on a 2016 MacBook Pro with an i7 ans 16 gigs of RAM - no issues so far running amp simulations and effects (though I do run into some issues when recording multiple tracks in the onboard DAW - but this could be user error as I haven’t really dug into this feature.)
mkstewartesq

Postby Keithbenedict71 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:28 pm

I run it on a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro with an i7 and 8 GB RAM. I have to run at a lower screen resolution and turn off a lot of Windows features to get it to run smoothly on that laptop. I never see CPU or RAM utilization above 40%. My desktop (very old i5 with 8 GB RAM and an nVidia 1070Ti GPU) runs it reasonably well at 48Hz and 128 buffer size.

I think if you don't have a decent GPU, you're hosed. Amplitube is VERY GPU intensive.
Keithbenedict71

Postby Redspecial2017 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:08 pm

Keithbenedict71 wrote:I run it on a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro with an i7 and 8 GB RAM. I have to run at a lower screen resolution and turn off a lot of Windows features to get it to run smoothly on that laptop. I never see CPU or RAM utilization above 40%. My desktop (very old i5 with 8 GB RAM and an nVidia 1070Ti GPU) runs it reasonably well at 48Hz and 128 buffer size.

I think if you don't have a decent GPU, you're hosed. Amplitube is VERY GPU intensive.

Thank you very much, GPU is 4 GB and RAM is 8 GB. Hope it runs normally :mrgreen:
Good info to take decision!!
Redspecial2017

Postby DennisSSebasiStephen5 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:51 am

I’ve been playing guitar for about 15 years but it’s mostly been acoustic. I have an electric guitar but no real life amp so I was looking into Amplitube. What I am confused by is the price $399 for Amplitube 5 MAX or the SAME EXAXT price for Max plus the hardware I/o they sell.... am I missing something here? Very new to this brand the only assumption I have is that Max will typically go on huge sales or some point ? Or am I missing something ? I already have. Scarlett Focusrite so I don’t need that box but I can imagine why I wouldn’t buy it for the same price of software.
DennisSSebasiStephen5

Postby Keithbenedict71 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:44 pm

DennisSSebasiStephen5 wrote:I’ve been playing guitar for about 15 years but it’s mostly been acoustic. I have an electric guitar but no real life amp so I was looking into Amplitube. What I am confused by is the price $399 for Amplitube 5 MAX or the SAME EXAXT price for Max plus the hardware I/o they sell.... am I missing something here? Very new to this brand the only assumption I have is that Max will typically go on huge sales or some point ? Or am I missing something ? I already have. Scarlett Focusrite so I don’t need that box but I can imagine why I wouldn’t buy it for the same price of software.

IK does this all the time and it's a great opportunity to save money on gear and software. I have the AXE IO Solo and I could not be happier with it. I just wish I would've bought it and AT5 MAX when they were having deals.

But to answer your question, your Focusrite is probably all you really need. Amplitube 5 MAX is on sale right now for $200 and that's an absolute steal.
Keithbenedict71

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:14 pm

Even without my bias, though, I can tell you that for guitar AXE I/O with Z-TONE is better for guitar/bass :)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Keithbenedict71 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:26 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Even without my bias, though, I can tell you that for guitar AXE I/O with Z-TONE is better for guitar/bass :)

Yeah, I love the Z-Tone stuff and being able to change from JFET to clean. I like the AXE I/O Solo so much I just bought an iRig HD2 to go along with it. Wanted something that I could use with my mobile devices without needing to plug in a USB hub.
Keithbenedict71

Return to Interfaces & Controllers