No Information on Mounting Options for IRig Duo or Quattro

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

No Information on Mounting Options for IRig Duo or Quattro

Postby jbrown3318 » Sat May 21, 2022 6:14 pm

Hi All,

I am having a horrible time with the iRig Duo I just purchased in terms of mounting. All of the advertising and marketing on the IK websites show perfectly mounted iRig Duos and Quattros. But if you look closely, the actual fastening devices used in all of their pictures conveniently do now show actual brackets and stuff.

I have been pulling my hair out trying to find something on the net that will let me mount my iRig device to some tripod or something, but have had no luck. There is no mounting notch or anything on the back. And when I set it on the table and connect up all midi and audio outputs, the iRig no longer lays flat on a table. It tilts up on one side as the cable weighting is not on all four sides. So this is also misleading on the website advertising.

I am resorting to trying to use bungee cords and such. IK, could you please properly give guidance on how you are mounting your devices, or point me in the right direction. I was actually considering sending this back to Sweetwater for another solution because of the awkwardness. Please don't troll me anyone. Just looking for a solution and suggestions. :oops:

Thanks,
jbrown3318

Re: No Information on Mounting Options for IRig Duo or Quatt

Postby DarkStar » Sat May 21, 2022 7:30 pm

As this is primarily a user to user forum, not official Technical Support, other users may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is Search the FAQs first, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jbrown3318 » Sun May 22, 2022 6:04 am

I purposely posted this to the forum to get ideas from users. Support is my last stop, as I am not a optimistic there for the first pass. And yes, I have search the forums for the similar issue. Thanks
jbrown3318

Postby d1stewart » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:57 am

The Quattro's mount plate is compatible with a camera mount, usually called something like a 1/4" 20 male camera mount. So you could use a photo tripod, or use a microphone stand and a conversion mount from 5/8" female to 1/4" 20 male. They're available on Amazon cheap.
d1stewart

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:29 pm

Yes, the iRig Quattro Pro I/O page has this in the bullet points:

Mounts to a standard UNC ¼” camera thread
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers