AXE IO Expression Pedal with Amplitube 5 Max

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE IO Expression Pedal with Amplitube 5 Max

Postby Darrin66 » Sat May 07, 2022 6:54 pm

I've honestly really looked around for this but I must be an idiot because I can't get a simple expression pedal to work. Searched the manual, the forum, Youtube, the Internet, can't get it working.

I'm using a proven working M Audio EX-P TRS pedal into Pedal 1 in my AXE IO. I thought this was all plug and play but nothing happened for me. I chose a wah and put in in as a stompbox in AMax, right clicked on it and saw Assign Automation (greyed out) and Assign Midi. I clicked Assign Midi/Wah/Learn Wah. Got a Waiting for MIDI input message, toggled my expression pedal toe foot toe etc, nothing. I know that the expression pedal is not Midi, was just grasping at straws.

I've sent a message to support but it's Saturday and I want to play a wah!!! :lol:

Can anybody at least please point me in the general direction?
Darrin66

Re: AXE IO Expression Pedal with Amplitube 5 Max

Postby Darrin66 » Sun May 08, 2022 12:02 am

Went through the Amplitube manual, followed every step. Still no go. Is it possible that the M Audio pedal isn't compatible? I'll have to go look up the specs. I thought a simple 10k pot would be all that's needed (and 1k resistor, from what I've read). At a loss. I don't see very much about the Axe IO and expression pedals. Am I that big of a relic, wanting to play Wah, lol? I'm not even that big of a Kirk Hammet fan! :lol:

C'mon guys, somebody put their beer down for 5 minutes and help a fella out.
Darrin66

Re: AXE IO Expression Pedal with Amplitube 5 Max

Postby Darrin66 » Mon May 09, 2022 2:52 pm

Finally got it working. I shut down the AXE IO and Amplitube 5, but it only started working after I completely rebooted the PC. That alone didn't solve it. When I got some action out the expression pedal, I wasn't getting the full range of sweep. First I had to set the switch on the bottom of the pedal from Other back to M-Audio. That didn't fix it completely either. Although I had the AXE IO set to Linear and 0-127, I still couldn't get a full sweep from the pedal. After some playing around, changing the definition to expanded and back, changing the 0-127 to different numbers and back and relearning the pedal, somehow it finally accepted the full sweep of the pedal.

After all of that and finally getting it working, it became instantly clear that this style of expression pedal is not working for me when it comes to playing the wah. I ordered a Mission SP-1 and I expect to be happy as the sounds of the wahs are great.

Just putting this here in case some other person might be having trouble with expression pedals. Mods can close this is they want.
Darrin66

Return to Interfaces & Controllers