AXE I/O expression pedal calibration

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/O expression pedal calibration

Postby bwademusic » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:58 am

Hi there, wondered if any one else had this problem. I wanted to use an expression pedal for my volume pedal work but there appears to be no section to calibrate the pedals, consequently my pedal is full volume at about 1/4 of it's potential throw....pretty silly oversite if there really is no calibration section. Does anyone know if there is one? I've looked in the control section but it only seems to recognize the pedal, not determine its minimum and maximum position. Thanks for any help you can give.
bwademusic

Re: AXE I/O expression pedal calibration

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:40 pm

In AXE I/O Control Panel there are settings for Min/Max etc in the "Controller" section.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bwademusic » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:10 pm

Thanks Peter, but I don't think there is a place to specifically input the bottom and top of a pedal's range. It does have the "learn' button, but all that seems to do is recognize the pedal...and it does have the "0" to '100"% setting, which does take it from 0 to 100 if that's what you input, but in no place can I find actual pedal calibration so the app knows the position on the pedal which designates 0 and the other position which designates 100%. Also, unless I'm mistaken when you move the pedal and it's selected as what your looking at (in the Amp 5 app) it doesn't show the % as you move the pedal as previous amp 4-3 etc. did..You actually have to touch the pedal (with the mouse) at different points to see what the percentage is, rather than it showing you continually on a readout as previous amplitube apps did. Thanks for your help man...Brett
bwademusic

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:45 pm

bwademusic wrote:Thanks Peter, but I don't think there is a place to specifically input the bottom and top of a pedal's range. It does have the "learn' button, but all that seems to do is recognize the pedal...and it does have the "0" to '100"% setting, which does take it from 0 to 100 if that's what you input, but in no place can I find actual pedal calibration so the app knows the position on the pedal which designates 0 and the other position which designates 100%. Also, unless I'm mistaken when you move the pedal and it's selected as what your looking at (in the Amp 5 app) it doesn't show the % as you move the pedal as previous amp 4-3 etc. did..You actually have to touch the pedal (with the mouse) at different points to see what the percentage is, rather than it showing you continually on a readout as previous amplitube apps did. Thanks for your help man...Brett

I'm talking about the AXE I/O Control Panel, not AmpliTube. The Control Panel does have specific inputs for minimum and maximum. If you are using AXE I/O you should install the Control Panel for this and more reasons.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bwademusic » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:11 pm

Hi Peter, yes I do have the control panel installed but fail to see a section on calibrating the expression pedal...where do you find it? I see the spot for designating 0 to 100 and the levels for various outputs but no pedal specific calibration...the default that occurs has my pedal to 100% at around 1/4 to 1/5 of the pedal throw. Thanks for your help man...Brett
bwademusic

Postby bwademusic » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:58 pm

Peter..did you give up on me? I didn't see a response to my last contribution. I don't mind being shown to be wrong here, I really do want to know this stuff. I actually switched to analogue volume pedals because of this issue so any help you could give me I really would appreciate. Thanks man...Brett
bwademusic

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:06 pm

Sorry I didn't see your last response. If you mean full sweep calibration that would typically need to be done inside AmpliTube and if you are not able to do so I'd recommend working with official IK Support.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bwademusic » Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:39 am

OK thanks Peter...just to clarify...is it that it's too hard to describe or do you not know if it's doable? I do know it's a feature going back to the old stealth pedal (which I still use at times) there was an app that came with the stealth pedal that measured the beginning of the pedal throw as the 0 position and the end of the pedal throw as the 100% position. Seems a pretty large oversite if it's not doable...I'll try support...talk again man..Brett
bwademusic

Postby km4qs58S » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:18 pm

It sounds like you have the same pedal calibration problem that I encountered with my AXE I/O Solo and the Yamaha FC7 pedal. The FC7 uses a logarithmic taper potentiometer and the AXE I/O Solo only works with a linear taper pot. The only solution for this would be if IK provided a setting to select either logarithmic or linear.
km4qs58S

Postby bwademusic » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:40 pm

km4qs58S wrote:It sounds like you have the same pedal calibration problem that I encountered with my AXE I/O Solo and the Yamaha FC7 pedal. The FC7 uses a logarithmic taper potentiometer and the AXE I/O Solo only works with a linear taper pot. The only solution for this would be if IK provided a setting to select either logarithmic or linear.

Thanks so much for that info. Although I was not aware of the details of what you just stated, it at least offers an explanation...I did however, try an IK pedal as well and notice that it did a similar thing as with the Yamaha in that 100% was reached very early in the pedal travel and there was no apparent calibration method to correct it. I do, however see the calibration method in the section of the axe i/o app on I rig stomp io from within Amp 5...I wonder why there isn't one of those sections available to calibrate the expression pedal stots for the AXE I/0?
bwademusic

Return to Interfaces & Controllers