iRig Stomp standalone AT5 and digital distortion.

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Stomp standalone AT5 and digital distortion.

Postby graemeduffin » Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:13 pm

Hi. I've seen lots of frustrated comments from 2018 onwards relations to digital noise, crackles, pops and full on unusable noise, with little resolution. Ive been dealing with this for several weeks, eventually figuring out that the iRig doesn't like the 'project setting' (command-shift-P on Mac) at 48 or 96k. When I moved it to 44.1 or 88.2 it miraculously cleans up all the way down to buffer setting of 32 on my M1 Air. I'm still trying to get to the bottom of why 48 and 96k work fine when running the audio in and out of a Behringer UMC202. Is this just some setting on my system or do other users have the same issues?
graemeduffin

Re: iRig Stomp standalone AT5 and digital distortion.

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:45 pm

Have you reported your issue to IK Support? They will be able to assist as well, and likely take care of your issue. Of course user-to-user assistance is welcomed but the support team is an official and direct channel to get any issues with IK products resolved.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: iRig Stomp standalone AT5 and digital distortion.

Postby graemeduffin » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:20 pm

Hi Peter, yes I've been in constant communication for a few weeks now. They're great at getting back to you but no-one seemed to twig the sample rate thing. The Stomp should apparently sync to whatever the Mac tells it to do, but something seems to not be listening!
Thanks for the reply.
graemeduffin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers