Specs for iRig Stream Pro external DC power supply

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Specs for iRig Stream Pro external DC power supply

Postby boda613 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:17 am

My main question is, though the power supply listed for the iRig Stream Pro (and other interfaces) is the iRig PSU 3A with specs of DC 5 volts and 3 amps, would there be anything wrong with using a 3rd party power supply that is DC 5 volts and 2.6 amps?

Could anything go wrong with the slightly lower current even though the voltage is correct?

I just got the iRig Stream Pro to use with my iPad 2019 and possibly my iPhone 13.
It works great but it's obvious I will need to make use of the external DC power in order to not worry about my iPad's power draining too quickly for many hours of continuous use.

And honestly $40 for the iRig PSU 3A is a very steep price for something as simple as a very small transformer.

I would be very happy if I could use the one in my hand. I just don't want to break anything.
Usually a high amperage value like that is to make sure there is more than enough current to provide charge for a worst case scenario. But I'm hoping that it's close enough that it wouldn't matter. Or at the very least would not actually hurt anything to simply give it a try.

Any actual real world experience replies would be extremely appreciated. Thank you for reading.
boda613

Return to Interfaces & Controllers