monitor volume becomes headphone volume

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

monitor volume becomes headphone volume

Postby damiendeldicque » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:19 pm

Hello,
I have a problem with my "Axe IO" interface.
I'm on mac.
Suddenly, it is the "monitor" volume that controls the "headphones" volume. It's like a reversal except that if headphone is on 0 I have no sound. I have tried turning the interface off and on again but the problem persists. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
If that was all, it would be ok, but I can't record without hearing the monitor, i mean my raw guitar.
I'm very sad i want to cry,

Damien Deldicque
Geo Lab
ENS Paris
damiendeldicque

Re: monitor volume becomes headphone volume

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:10 pm

The monitor knob is not a volume knob. It sets the blend between the direct monitoring (DI) sound when all the way to the "Direct" side and the fully processed sound from AmpliTube etc when all the way to the "DAW" side.

Sounds like the direct level is the problem, you might want to check the other settings on the unit for the channel you are using (assuming Input 1) and also the levels of everything in the AXE I/O Control Panel software.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers