AXE I/O Pro Tools 12 difficulty finding outputs

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/O Pro Tools 12 difficulty finding outputs

Postby 2DMikeGuitar » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:12 pm

Hi all,

I use an IK Multimedia AXE I/O interface with Pro Tools 2021.12.0 on Win 10 and it's functional in that everything works apart from the fact that there are missing outputs - only 1 and 2 will appear.

I've tried reinstalling drivers, asking IK directly (who were told me to go to Avid which I'm also trying).Changing PT IO settings - nothing seems to work - only Output 1/2 appear.

I've tried setting via PY using default IO but on the I/O Setup screen, the interface 'AAXEIO/Analog' shows only 1 and 2. The monitor path, audition path, AFL/PFL all show 1-2 only.

I know the outputs function as, via the AXE I/O control panel you can mirror output 1/2 to 3/4 and it does just that. Output 5 is the Amp Out and that also functions when outputting a live feed from input 1 (a specific option in the control panel) but, again, won't show up in Pro Tools as an output.

I want to be able to send an already recorded dry DI track from the amp out into my chain/amp to mic (which 100% can be done as IK show it in their own video) but according to them, it should simply show up as output 5 in the DAW. It doesn't and it's driving me nuts.

Any ideas?

Thanks for reading :)
2DMikeGuitar

Re: AXE I/O Pro Tools 12 difficulty finding outputs

Postby jcampbell_43 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:16 am

Hi,
unfortunately I am having a similar problem and am wondering if you did eventually fix it.

Kind regards,
Jon
jcampbell_43

Return to Interfaces & Controllers