Blueboard bank change not changing LIVE bank view Mac OSAmp5

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Blueboard bank change not changing LIVE bank view Mac OSAmp5

Postby haydn.s.roberts » Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:57 am

Hi,

I am using an iRig Blueboard in Program Mode to change banks within Mac OS Amplitube 5. I can get the banks to go up and down and select the patch BUT I cannot get the LIVE view in Amp5 to update to the correct bank view. The actual patch selection does change to the correct signal chain view just not the correct LIVE bank view in the upper window of AMP5. The Blueboard bank view does change i.e to bank 2 or bank 3 - but AMP5 LIVE bank view simply stays on bank 1 unless I manually change it to the correct bank.

Does this simply not work in MAC OS Amp5? Or is there is a trick to getting it to work?

I have an iRig Stomp IO and this feature just works out of the box so to speak.

thanks

Haydn
haydn.s.roberts

Re: Blueboard bank change not changing LIVE bank view Mac OS

Postby haydn.s.roberts » Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:53 am

The Amplitube 5 Manual is completely silent about the iRig Blueboard. I note the document says LIVE mode is only enabled when an iRig Stomp I/O is plugged in and detected. So I can only assume that the Blueboard firmware will not interact with LIVE mode in Amplitube 5.

The iRig Blueboard is sold as an Amplitube compatible product on the iPhone, iPad and Mac platforms.

Has IK Multimedia walked back this advertised position with the release of Amplitube 5?

If not, will there be a firmware upgrade in the future to better sync in with Amplitube 5 (similar functionality within reason to the Stomp I/O)?

If not, please correct your marketing and state that iRig Blueboard is EOL (end of life) and no longer supported. I bought this product a month ago and was lead to believe it was compatible with Amplitube to a larger extent (it is useable with Amp5 but comes up short from a user experience).

It is a legacy product, but you can tweak the firmware to bring customers on the journey. Not create the opposite effect.
haydn.s.roberts

Re: Blueboard bank change not changing LIVE bank view Mac OS

Postby dariospa » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:37 pm

Hi, I just switched from Iphone 8 to iphone 13, and encountered the same issue.
Really a bummer since I relied on this.
Any update or way around it?
dariospa

Return to Interfaces & Controllers