iRig Pro I/O Cuts in and out

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Pro I/O Cuts in and out

Postby Nathanielmorse9 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:33 pm

Hey guys, hope you’re all well!
I have a problem with my irig pro I/O. It begun earlier this week, after having used it problem free for months since I bought it new.

I’m using it with my iPhone 11, and GarageBand. When recording, I engage the phantom power to power my microphone. Immediately afterwards, the top light flashes 3 times, and then the whole interface does silent, and stops streaming sound from the app to my headphones. I tried swapping the mic out for a 57 to take phantom power out to the equation, and it worked for about 10 minutes, but now the sound again cuts out after a few minutes of use. I’ve swapped out mic cables and new batteries, and still happens.

I need this to be a battery powered interface, so I’m not keen on using a power supply. This was the whole reason I bought this specific interface, so I could use phantom power with batteries.

I think potentially the cable that connects interface to phone is damaged, and I’ve opened a support ticket a few days ago but I’m not getting anything back from IK Multimedia.
Just wanted to see if anyone has a suggestion?

All the best!
Nathanielmorse9

Return to Interfaces & Controllers