Low output when z-tone turned to right on AXE IO

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Low output when z-tone turned to right on AXE IO

Postby mickeybravo1984 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:57 am

I have had the AXE I/O for about a week now. In general I really like this piece of gear. One thing that I am not sure about and actually concerned if it is affecting my basic signal from the audio interface into the DAW (Amplitube 5 in this case). Without changing anything else that can affect either input into the interface (my guitar volume knob) or from the interface to the daw (the gain knob on the AXE IO), when I turn z tone knob all the way right it doesn’t change the color of the sound as much as it does actually reduce the output to almost inaudible (but not completely so). If I turn it all the way left it does change in tonal color but the volume is also boosted. To compensate for the decreased volume when turned all the way right I have to crank the gain, which then throws off my staging if I want to turn it back towards the middle or to the left, in that I have to reduce gain to keep from clipping.

For reference, I am using the following setup: Modified Dean deceiver with swapped out pickups (fraulin PAF) and a Mogami gold TS cable from guitar into the interface. From the interface the stock USB into computer and out to stereo JBL 5” monitors.

If this is a normal thing then ok, but I’m worried that if I keep the Z tone at 12 o’clock then I might actually be losing some of the signal accidentally. No demo I’ve seen showed an adjustment for the Z tone knob in the form of increasing the gain on the AXE IO to compensate for reduced input volume.
mickeybravo1984

Return to Interfaces & Controllers