Can't get low buffer size with axe io solo

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Can't get low buffer size with axe io solo

Postby mattbennett22 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:18 pm

Hey everyone, I recently got the axe io solo and I'm having a problem. I can't seem to get a low buffer size with any of my amp simulators (I use bias fx and amplitube 4).

Before this I used the focusrite scarlet solo and used asio link pro tool. I was able to get low latency with that, but not with the axe io solo. I read somewhere that the axe io doesn't need asio (using it with asio link pro tool makes the sound cut out every minute or so anyway) so on bias fx I switched audio driver type to windows audio, the output device to line out ½ and the input to line in ½, but the lowest buffer size I can get is 3.0 ms (144 samples). On amplitube 4 I did the same thing but the lowest I can get is 256 buffer size (I use windows 10 btw).

On the axe io solo control panel, the buffer size option is greyed out, and my drivers are all up to date, and I'm using the latest software version (4.86.0), so I can't figure out how to get a lower buffer size.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!!
mattbennett22

Return to Interfaces & Controllers