i-rig Keys (49) Some keys not sounding

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

i-rig Keys (49) Some keys not sounding

Postby jerrydf » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:46 am

Hi, I've had the i-rig 49 Keys for a couple of months now and I haven't ventured too far into it apart from just using it as a simple keyboard driving Kontakt and Sampletank both standalone and in Cubase (Windows 10).

Today I noticed a key wasn't sounding (either in Cubase or on those standalone hosts) and so I checked other keys and it seems every eight semitones keys don't pyridine produce (?) a note in those apps. The keys not producing sound (going up the keyboard) are: G#, E, C, G#, etc.

This bizarre pattern seems to suggest its not a hardware problem on the i-rig. I've reset the i-rig (I.e. through Edit Mode), and that didn't do anything. I suspect there may be some sort of mapping issue somewhere, but I'm rather lost for what to try next. Has anyone seen this before, or can anyone offer any remedy?

Thanks
Jerry
jerrydf

Re: i-rig Keys (49) Some keys not sounding - FIXED!!

Postby jerrydf » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:36 pm

So, that was strange. I midi-monitored the notes, and sure enough, I had the fault. So, just playing around I checked other midi instructions, and tried out the octave up/down pad. That fixed the problem - all notes now work! I don't know how/what happened, but there you go.
jerrydf

Return to Interfaces & Controllers