Expression Pedal > Axe I/O > Amplitube 5

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Expression Pedal > Axe I/O > Amplitube 5

Postby b0uch3 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:28 pm

I'm trying to use a BOSS EV 30 expression pedal in amplitube 5. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I have it plugged into one of the external control inputs on the back of AXE I/O

But I can't seem to figure out how to configure it in Amplitube 5.

the only videos/discussions on this that I can find show using an expression pedal in Logic Pro as a midi or software track and wiring that into AmpliTube 5.

I was under the assumption that I could just use an expression pedal directly in Amplitube 5.
b0uch3

Re: Expression Pedal > Axe I/O > Amplitube 5

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:11 pm

You need to make sure it is set up correctly in the AXE I/O Control Panel.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby b0uch3 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:17 pm

omg. I just learned that the pedal needs a different kind of patch cable. I looked at the super short patch cable the BOSS came with and it has an extra ring on it.

I've been playing guitar since 1987 and I never new there was something called a TRS cable, and the regular guitar patch chords I've used my whole life are called TS patch cable.

Once I used this cable, it works flawlessly in amplitube. "learning wah" function worked right away.

How did I not know this? hahah.
b0uch3

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:41 pm

Well, to be honest it makes sense that a "single function" pedal would function fine with a TRS instead of a TRRS and I can see where it might be a "duh" moment for something like a dual switch (and trust me, I've had that moment in my time on this earth) but for a single pedal it kind of makes sense to think you'd be OK with a normal TRS cable.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby b0uch3 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:56 pm

OH Boy, an expression pedal is a game changer with Amplitube and the Axe I/o. Now that I've tasted that, an actually stomp controller is starting to look extra tasty.

the TS is what I just assumed all patch cables were.

I have a line 6 DL4, Line 6 MM4, and a RAT overdrive and have only needed the same kind of patch I used for guitar. The only time I saw 2 rings was on a cable for headphones, and then 3 rings if there's a mic built in to the headphones.

b0uch3

Return to Interfaces & Controllers