iRig Keys I/O 49 with a USB to DIN MIDI converter?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Keys I/O 49 with a USB to DIN MIDI converter?

Postby sammahoney22 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:21 pm

Hi All!

Do any owners of the iRig Keys I/O 49 know of any USB to DIN MIDI converters that work with it?

I tried a few different ones that didn't work so gave up, but just saw in another thread here that an old discontinued one does work with it, so that's given me hope again!

Thanks in advance for any info...

Sam
sammahoney22

Re: iRig Keys I/O 49 with a USB to DIN MIDI converter?

Postby shankiphonic » Fri May 27, 2022 2:06 am

YES! :D

the retrokits rk006 works perfectly with the usb cable on the irig keys I/O 25. I'm assuming you'll get the same results with the 49

Test is here:
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CeCsBRZFuEw/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
shankiphonic

Postby jim-adams » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:54 pm

what is the recommended approach to connecting a USB (read: modern) midi keyboard to the iRigPro while the iRigPro is also connected to e.g. an iPad? This seems like a pretty basic use case: modern midi keyboard (san 5-pin din) - connect to iRig. Can't do this? really??
That retrokit gismo costs more than 3 midi keyboards - not a solution.
jim-adams

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:19 pm

jim-adams wrote:what is the recommended approach to connecting a USB (read: modern) midi keyboard to the iRigPro while the iRigPro is also connected to e.g. an iPad? This seems like a pretty basic use case: modern midi keyboard (san 5-pin din) - connect to iRig. Can't do this? really??
That retrokit gismo costs more than 3 midi keyboards - not a solution.

If your MIDI controller does not have standard MIDI connections and uses USB then you would need to use a USB hub of some sort. iRig audio interfaces are not USB hubs and if they have onboard MIDI interface capabilities they will support standard MIDI connections.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jim-adams » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:43 pm

Thank you for response to my complaint about the support of inputting midi from a USB midi keyboard. I can imagine that that it is not a simple as the DIN-Plug cables you have when it comes to USB. I actually have a solution figured out: use the iRig Pro (Duo) USB output to a little USB multiport, which I also connect my USB midi keyboard to. Then I use a separately purchased (not expensive) USB-to-Lightning adapter to connect to my iPad.
jim-adams

Return to Interfaces & Controllers