Axe I/O - No audio from headphones [Resolved]

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Axe I/O - No audio from headphones [Resolved]

Postby TDavies1984 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:00 am

This was working fine for me yesterday, but when I sat down today I'm not getting any audio from the headphone port of my Axe I/O.

I've tried using Amplitube 5, I have the input and output both set to Axe I/O. When I play guitar, I see the input and output levels move up and down as expected in Amplitube, but I get nothing through the headphones. I have the headphones volume set to 12 o clock and the monitor set all the way to "DAW".

I have tried other apps, eg. watching a youtube video with the system output set to the Axe I/O, and again I get nothing on the headphones.

I have tested the headphones by plugging them directly to the computer and they work fine.

I'm using a Mac Mini with OSX 10.14.6. I've rebooted everything multiple times.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks.
TDavies1984

Re: Axe I/O - No audio from headphones

Postby garfy » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:06 am

Hello TDavies1984

A few things to try/look at:

1) Does the AXE IO GUI level meters show a signal going to the main output?
2) Check that the software Mute button under those meters is not engaged and the fader is up.
3) Have you swapped out the USB cable? Sometimes they can throw a spanner in the works.
4) Have you done a complete power cycle of the whole system, not just the Mac?
5) Does this affect the main line outs to your studio monitors, if you have any plugged in?

If all those things check out then I would suggest searching the FAQ If these do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form at the top of the Search FAQs page, for direct help from Official IK Support. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the issues, but without directly quoting any correspondence from official support.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby TDavies1984 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:52 pm

Thank you for the response.

1. Yes, the GUI shows a signal going to the output.
2. I don't see a software mute button under the output meter, but the fader is set to the default level (around 75%). Besides, I'm not sure this is an Amplitube-specific issue, since I don't get audio through the Axe I/O headphones through any app when selecting Axe I/O as the main system audio output. For example, I should be able to hear audio through spotify, but I can not.
3. I have not, but I will try this later today when I can dig through my big cable jumble and find one.
4. Yes, I've rebooted the computer and the audio interface multiple times, with no luck.
5. I don't have any monitors plugged in, as I generally only use this with headphones. I could test the amp-out to an amp though, and see if that works. I will try this later also.

Thanks again for your input, hopefully I can track this down. It's weird as everything was working fine up until yesterday, and as far as I know nothing changed.
TDavies1984

Postby garfy » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:54 pm

1 and 2) To confirm, I was talking about the output meters and mute button in the AXE IO UI not AT5. I don’t have the AXE IO, but looking at the user guide there is a mute button there.
garfy

Postby TDavies1984 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:56 pm

garfy wrote:1 and 2) To confirm, I was talking about the output meters and mute button in the AXE IO UI not AT5. I don’t have the AXE IO, but looking at the user guide there is a mute button there.

My mistake! I just checked the AXE IO UI and it's not muted, and the output meters are moving as expected.
TDavies1984

Postby TDavies1984 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:37 am

I figured it out and it's pretty silly. The Axe I/O audio out was muted in the OSX sound settings. Going into the output devices, selecting Axe I/O, and unmuting it resolved my problem.
TDavies1984

Postby garfy » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:51 am

Glad you've got it resolved. Nice when it's something simple and easy to fix.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
garfy

Return to Interfaces & Controllers