Noise problem when JFET is on

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Noise problem when JFET is on

Postby ccaru505 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:22 pm

Today I noticed an issue on my AXE I/O. I am not sure whether it was there from the start of if this developed over the few months I have owned it:

On Channel 1:
- Plug in a guitar from the front jack
- Set Z-Tone all the way up
- Select Passive
- Select Bold JFET

When I do this, any time I touch the controls on the box (e.g. the click produced using the presets knob, or simply tapping lightly with your fingers on the unit) translates into an audible signal. The signal can be also seen in the Audio Input meter in the control panel, and can reach up to -40dB. When using overdriven setups, this translates into a very loud sound.

This only happens using JFET/Passive combination.

Is this normal or is my unit defective?
ccaru505

Re: Noise problem when JFET is on

Postby ccaru505 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:20 pm

This is driving me crazy :(
I think my unit might be defective.
Could anybody try this and let me know whether they have the same issue?

My warranty is almost over and i really would like to get this sorted prior to it's expiration

Thanks!
ccaru505

Re: Noise problem when JFET is on

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:09 pm

Sounds like interference to me, but best would be to report it to IK Support before your warranty is up so they can assist you and handle anything if it ends up being a defect.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers