My X Vibe won't turn on [Resolved]

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

My X Vibe won't turn on [Resolved]

Postby Sonic7 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:46 pm

I purchase my X vibe hardware pedal last week and was enjoying the pedal immensely. Today I open the librarian and noticed that there was an update for the the software in the pedal so I decided to do the update. during the update the driver crashed and the update did not install.I had to turn everything off and when I turned it all back on the pedal no longer turns on. Am I to assume that there is now no software in the pedal and is there a way to reboot the pedal.
Sonic7

Re: My X Vibe won't turn on

Postby n2tech.music@gmail.com » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:59 pm

Dude i just had the same problem with my x-space reverb. I am on a mac i downloaded the librarian it said there was a firmware update clicked it then the librarian crashed and pedal froze.Unplugged it then plugged it back in and nothing.Wont turn on.
n2tech.music@gmail.com

Postby Sonic7 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:52 pm

Going to try reinstalling the driver. may need to contact support.
Sonic7

Postby n2tech.music@gmail.com » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:17 am

so you must be on windows. I got it to turn back on but it looks weird and all the button led's are lit up but still won't show up in the librarian. IK Needs to address this as soon as possible because i am sure more people are going to start having this problem. I will contact support tomorrow as well.
n2tech.music@gmail.com

Postby Sonic7 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:34 am

so this is a common occurrence. I wont have time to deal wit this promptly, keep us posted
Sonic7

Postby Sonic7 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:38 am

n2tech.music@gmail.com wrote:so you must be on windows. I got it to turn back on but it looks weird and all the button led's are lit up but still won't show up in the librarian. IK Needs to address this as soon as possible because i am sure more people are going to start having this problem. I will contact support tomorrow as well.

Yes on Windows. I too got it to turn on but only temporary. seems like a driver issue. There must be a way to reset the pedal so hopefully support can point the way.
Sonic7

Postby n2tech.music@gmail.com » Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:01 am

ya i am on a mac but same issues as you
n2tech.music@gmail.com

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:42 am

Sonic7 wrote:so this is a common occurrence. I wont have time to deal wit this promptly, keep us posted

These two instances of issues with the pedals are exceptions. There are many X-GEAR pedals with zero issues, of course. IK Support can help the people having issues directly via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Sonic7 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:20 pm

Got my X Vibe working again thanks to the help from IKMultimedia. Pedal is working great and with the firmware update :D 8-)
Sonic7

Postby espacegeo30 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:38 am

I received my x gear drive. The software asked me to update.
And everything turns on but nothing works :roll: .
I returned the product.
I received the new one and I have the same problem. :cry:
Impossible to return the product before this update. :oops:
I made a request to IK and I am waiting for the solution. :idea:
Too bad this product was interesting.
espacegeo30

Postby espacegeo30 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:11 pm

IK support responded quickly. Problem solved.Thanks :D :D :D

- Power on your X-DRIVE with the provided PSU and connect your X-DRIVE to your computer with the provided USB cable
- Launch the Librarian application and stay in the initial page
- Click on an empty space on the Background image of the librarian (once the background is clicked do not click nothing else)
- Now press the COMMAND key (if you are using a MAC) or the CONTROL Key (if you are using Windows).
- A RECOVERY button will appear in the bottom right corner of the GUI
- Keep on holding the COMMAND or CONTROL button and click the RECOVERY button.
- Follow the on screen instructions, the Process will recover you locked pedal
espacegeo30

Postby ndobrev » Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:49 pm

You're a lifesaver, man! Thanks a lot! I've been waiting for 2 days and no reply from IK support but your post solved my problem.

Cheers
ndobrev

Postby garfy » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:47 am

Glad that everyone is getting this issue sorted.

I'll lock the thread for tidiness, but it may be useful for users in the future.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy. 

If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Interfaces & Controllers