iPad headphone jack and Irig hd 2

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iPad headphone jack and Irig hd 2

Postby Doc Orange » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:38 pm

Hi all,

I have an irig hd 2 connected to my ipad via a powered Apple USB adapter. The adapter has USB A connector for the iRig and a lightning input for the power source. When i connect the Irig to the ipad like this, i do not have any audio signal anymore on the headphone output of the ipad. The headphone output of the iRig works just fine, but the ipad headphone output is dead. Is this normal behavior or can I somehow enable the audio output of the ipad?

Thanks

Jens
Doc Orange

Re: iPad headphone jack and Irig hd 2

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:54 pm

This is an Apple feature. If you have an audio interface connected, your audio output will be routed through that audio interface.

This FAQ explains https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1284
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Doc Orange » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:28 pm

Thank you very much.

Jens
Doc Orange

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:32 pm

Doc Orange wrote:Thank you very much.

Jens

You're welcome. I know we've tried to see if this could become optional functionality as macOS has had very robust audio signal routing capabilities for a long time, but I'm not sure how high up the list a feature request like this might be.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers