Notes sticking with keys 2 pro and iapd.

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Notes sticking with keys 2 pro and iapd.

Postby dave.bass5 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:20 pm

Ive been using B-3X on my ipad 9, controlled from my MODX since Oct. On a daily basis. All good.
Today i tried to use my iRig Keys 2 Pro with the ipad, and im getting lots of stuck notes. Never had even one with the MODX.
Before i go our and buy a different brand, id like to know if this is normal (not by design, but common). Not talking about PC/Mac, just ipad. Its been fine with Cubase on my PC for over a year.
It seems strange that the keyboard is touted to work like this, and yet doesn’t. Im using the cable that comes with it, and have tried others using the camera connection kit. Buffer size is 256 in B-3X, although ive always used it at 128 with the MODX.
Thanks.
dave.bass5

Re: Notes sticking with keys 2 pro and iapd.

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:03 pm

No of course that's not intended. We have the great Luca Zabbini using iRig Keys 2 Pro for Hammond B-3X and our other plugins all the time including for some of our own videos without issue. I'm sure if you report this issue to IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support they will assist you and get to the bottom of what's happening.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dave.bass5 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:40 pm

Yes, obviously not intended but it seems common with this keyboard (ive been asking around).
Obviously you have some fantastic video’s of people playing this set up, it was the one you mentioned that convinced me to go this route, but that does not show how reliable this set up is. After all its obviously edited together and is very shot. Im sure you (or anyone else) wouldn't post a video showing issues. In fact if i try and play like that (not that i can), ill most certainly get notes stuck.
Sorry but last time i contacted support about something it took weeks to get a standard reply. There is nothing they can suggest that i haven't already done im afraid. No driver issues, and its your app with your keyboard. There is nothing that can be changed to make it work.
To be clear, its not all the time, maybe once or twice per song max. I
dave.bass5

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:32 pm

Your previous experience is not the norm and there isn't any global issue with stuck notes with this hardware. I'll bet many times those that appear to be having the same problem are likely not having precisely the same problem and even more likely it has something to do with software.

We use our own products as do pros like Luca Zabbini as mentioned and it isn't just for some edited video. Our products are quality products and we stand behind them, we don't need smoke and mirrors to trick anybody.

The IK Support team usually responds within a couple of business days and will happily take care of your issue.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dave.bass5 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:54 pm

Ok but B-3X is your software as well. Like you say though, it can happen under all sorts of circumstances, so it stands to reason it will happen with yours as well.

The problem is only when using the iRg keys. The software works perfectly with my Yamaha MODX so i know the software is good with that, the ipad is working fine with midi over USB.

After more experimenting the iRig keys also seems to be working ok with VB3m (another organ app), so the issue is only there between iRig keys and B-3X. I also had around 15mins before i got a stuck key earlier, and that was just when playing a 2 note chord.

I cant possibly see what support can offer me though. They will probably tell me to wipe my ipad and start again. Thats out of the question as everything else working fine. They will tell me to make sure im using the supplied cable, i am. They will tell em to make sure im all up to date with the iOS, i am. There are no driver's etc to work with so what else can i do?

I wasnt implying your video’s were lying, just that if any issue occurred when recording them you obviously wouldn't show that, so they don’t show how robust the system is. And they are obviously edited but im not suggesting to cover anything up. Thats all i meant.
Stuck midi notes have always been around, thats why the iRIg keys has an all notes off feature, so its not unheard of to have this issue IME.
dave.bass5

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:53 pm

Yes, Hammond B-3X is our software. Support can assist you, that is what they are there for.

Since this is a support issue and other users aren't going to resolve the issue, it has run its course so it will be locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers