Regular Mic into IRig2?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Regular Mic into IRig2?

Postby Milew8181 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:48 pm

do I have to buy a the IK mic to record into the irig 2? I was under the impression that you could conenct guitar and mic to it. Does it HAVE to be the special mic? I hate having to KEEP buying additional equipment. I have an every day mic and woudl love to be ablet to record that through the irig2
Milew8181

Re: Regular Mic into IRig2?

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:01 pm

iRig 2 is made for instrument (guitar/bass) and line input. Most microphones, whether dynamic or condenser, need a mic preamp which iRig 2 is not. You would need to convert your microphone signal to a line level in order to use it with iRig 2.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Milew8181 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:36 pm

Peter_IK wrote:iRig 2 is made for instrument (guitar/bass) and line input. Most microphones, whether dynamic or condenser, need a mic preamp which iRig 2 is not. You would need to convert your microphone signal to a line level in order to use it with iRig 2.

But there is a specific mic that CAN go into iRig right? An Irig mic?
Milew8181

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:50 pm

Milew8181 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:iRig 2 is made for instrument (guitar/bass) and line input. Most microphones, whether dynamic or condenser, need a mic preamp which iRig 2 is not. You would need to convert your microphone signal to a line level in order to use it with iRig 2.

No, iRig Mic, Mic HD, etc are microphones that plug directly into your device and don't need an additional interface.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Milew8181 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:58 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
Milew8181 wrote:

No, iRig Mic, Mic HD, etc are microphones that plug directly into your device and don't need an additional interface.

Plug directly into what device? My computer or the iRig?

Thanks!
Milew8181

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:01 pm

Milew8181 wrote:Plug directly into what device? My computer or the iRig?

Thanks!

No problem! Computer or iOS device.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers