IRig Pro I/O USB B Midi from keyboard

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

IRig Pro I/O USB B Midi from keyboard

Postby btompsett1 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:23 pm

Most keyboards nowadays have the square ish printer style USB B output for midi. Is there a simple and inexpensive way to hook this up to the midi in/out of the irig pro I/o? The irig connectors are mini jacks. Thanks!
btompsett1

Re: IRig Pro I/O USB B Midi from keyboard

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:47 pm

iRig Pro I/O only accepts traditional standard MIDI connections. If you want to use your USB MIDI controller with a computer you can connect it to a USB port on your computer on its own. For mobile devices, it can be more challenging to connect multiple devices like that, if possible at all.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: IRig Pro I/O USB B Midi from keyboard

Postby jim-adams » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:01 pm

As posted on other thread: what is the recommended approach to connecting a USB (read: modern) midi keyboard to the iRigPro while the iRigPro is also connected to e.g. an iPad? This seems like a pretty basic use case: modern midi keyboard (sans 5-pin din) - connect to iRig. Can't do this? really??
jim-adams

Return to Interfaces & Controllers