guitar in stereo out w/xlr

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

guitar in stereo out w/xlr

Postby Randy Chesbro » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:25 pm

Id like to put s rig together for my guitar or bass going into Amlitube 5 and then out to a snake on stage. id rather not have to use a 2ch DI box out of the interface. seems they all have only 1/4" line outs. Can the Axe io outs that are balanced use a cable that is stereo 3/4 to XLR ? same idea?
thanks
Randy Chesbro

Re: guitar in stereo out w/xlr

Postby garfy » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:15 pm

Hello Randy Chesbro

Randy Chesbro wrote:Can the Axe io outs that are balanced use a cable that is stereo 3/4 to XLR ?

Randy Chesbro wrote:and then out to a snake on stage

In theory, yes. Although be careful with the term 'stereo' in this context. A single, balanced output will only be mono with the 3-pole connector taking care of the two signals (one reversed polarity) and the ground. So to get stereo you would need to use outputs 1&2, each with a balanced jack (TRS) correctly wired to a XLR plug.

However, the use of a DI box is not just to adapt from a jack to XLR but also to ensure the correct type of signal arrives at the console. In this case, most stage boxes will be connected to the microphone inputs of the console and you're going to be sending line level signal to them. In most cases a decent console will be able to handle the additional level, especially if it can be padded down on the desk, but make sure you let your sound engineer know what you'll be sending them. We hate surprises :D
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Randy Chesbro » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:58 pm

thanks.... Im just trying to get a simple set up since i sold my Helix LT. with that i just plug it in to the snake and go. there's got to be an interface that has XLR on it somewhere.
if not, whatever, just thought id make it simple.
now if i can just get Amplitube 5 to get an audio in and out would be nice. it sees that i have a Scarlet interface but everything in Italics.
Randy Chesbro

Postby garfy » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:47 am

Randy Chesbro wrote:Im just trying to get a simple set up since i sold my Helix LT. with that i just plug it in to the snake and go.

Well, like I said, a pair of balanced (3-pole) 1/4" jacks to XLRs will do what you want out of the AXE IO.

Randy Chesbro wrote:now if i can just get Amplitube 5 to get an audio in and out would be nice. it sees that i have a Scarlet interface but everything in Italics.

I've seen your other thread about this. Did you have a look at the link that DarkStar posted? If you have and it didn't help, best thing to do is check the FAQs, via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... ck=QUICKSW

If these do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form at the top of the Search FAQs page, for direct help from Official IK Support. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the issues, but without directly quoting any correspondence from official support.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Randy Chesbro » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:21 pm

i was able to get the audio working by going into permissions and letting Amplitube use the mic. even though its not using the mic its letting it use whatever input i have. they should have said that instead of asking to use the mic. I originally said NO as i don't have a mic.
Randy Chesbro

Return to Interfaces & Controllers